Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Stuffed Zucchini

I am adding some recipes that I developed in the late Summer early Fall. This one came out of the "giant zucchini" problem that plagues gardeners in the summer.

This recipe has cheese on top of the baked squash, but could probably substitute with vegan cheese.

2 cups short grain rice
1 cup red lentils
shallot
mushrooms
1 cup roasted cashews chopped
fresh sage chopped
grated cheese (I used aged gouda because it was handy - probably any melting cheese is fine)
salt to taste

Cook rice as directed
Cook lentils as directed
Sautee shallot and mushrooms

In big bowl mix together rice, lentils, shallot/mushrooms, cashews, sage, salt.

I stuffed zukes, put the grated cheese on top and baked for 40 minutes in 350 oven or until squash is done.

I plated the squash with homemade tomato sauce underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment